Thunder Bay Police Service officers with the Uniform Patrol Branch were dispatched to an address in the 400 block of Marion Street just after 1:30 a.m. following reports of a male with a handgun.
The original 911 call indicated the male may have been shooting the firearm.
As a result of an ongoing investigation police officers learned an accused male had attended a home in the area earlier that night while in possession of a handgun. Police learned the male waved the gun in front of people in the residence before making threats and leaving.
The accused was known to the victims.
Shortly after 3 a.m., and as a result of their ongoing investigation, officers attended a home in the 400 block of Morse Street.
As a result a male was apprehended by police. Police found a handgun with the serial number removed and ammunition.
Brandon Spencer STEVENS, 21, of Thunder Bay is charged with:
• Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number Has Been Tampered With
• Careless Use of a Firearm
• Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
• Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
• Unauthorized Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Weapon x 2
• Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
He appeared in bail court Thursday, Aug. 29 and has been remanded into custody with a future appearance date.