Three arrested in separate incidents of break and enters

Tuesday, September 8, 2020 - 11:15
Incident Number
P20058694, P20058728 & P20058751
Thunder Bay
Date Published: 2020-09-08

Police on Saturday night and early Sunday morning responded to three separate reports of break and enters and quickly located suspects at the scene of each incident.

Police were dispatched to the first incident just before 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 5 at the Baggage Building on 100 Pearl Street following reports of a break-and-enter in progress. A male had reportedly entered the building through forced entry.

When officers arrived they entered the building and immediately located and arrested a 48-year-old Thunder Bay man without further incident.

Raymond Neil MEEKIS, 48, of Thunder Bay, is charged with Breaking and Entering, and Breach of Probation.

Police were dispatched to the second incident just after 2 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 6 following reports of a break and enter to a pharmacy in the 200 block of Memorial Avenue. Police en route were made aware a male suspect had entered the building via forced entry.

An 18-year-old male suspect was located and arrested at the scene without further incident. He was transported to the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre for further evaluation and treatment of an injury believed to be have been sustained from a broken window at the pharmacy.

Lleyton Lindberg BAXTER, 18, of Thunder Bay, is charged with Break and Enter.

Police were dispatched to a third incident just before 4:30 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 6 following reports of a break-in at a room in the Midtown Inn on 61 Cumberland Street North.

When police arrived they learned a male suspect had entered a room through forced entry. The accused was almost immediately located and arrested without further incident. However, the accused attempted to flee from police while at the TBPS headquarters at 1200 Balmoral Street.

Cote Brandon MOONIAS, 22, of Thunder Bay, is charged with Break and Enter, Resist Peace Officer and Theft Under $5,000.

All three accused appeared in bail court this weekend and were released from custody with future appearance dates.


English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish